Towards a Carbon Neutral Toy Industry - World Sustainable Toy Day 17th November 2023
Imagine a toy industry that’s leading the world in a carbon neutral future, inspiring and empowering children and their families through play!
Currently the global toy industry is carbon intensive with 90% of toys made from plastic and long supply chains adding to the footprint. To have a liveable planet and keep global warming below 1.5 degrees, the world needs to halve annual greenhouse gas emissions in the next eight years.
The toy industry has a unique and powerful position to, not only reduce its own emissions, but to influence and normalise a low-carbon future for kids and families around the world.
Throughout 2023 we’ll be publishing a series of blogs on carbon emissions, climate change, climate anxiety and how the toy industry can become carbon neutral. Join us in 2023 as we move Towards a Carbon Neutral Toy Industry!
Ways to Get Involved:
- Fill in the sign up form to join the movement and add your logo to the supporters' page!
- Take part in the Carbon Reduction Challenge
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- use the hashtag #WorldSustainableToyDay
- Share the campaign and invite others to take part. Download social media resources here.
Learn more about our supporters on our 'About World Sustainable Toy Day' page.
World Sustainable Toy Day 2023 is supported with funding from Christchurch City Council's Sustainability Fund.