Towards a Carbon Neutral Toy Industry - World Sustainable Toy Day 17th November 2023
Imagine a toy industry that’s leading the world in a carbon neutral future, inspiring and empowering children and their families through play!
Currently the global toy industry is carbon intensive with 90% of toys made from plastic and long supply chains adding to the footprint. To have a liveable planet and keep global warming below 1.5 degrees, the world needs to halve annual greenhouse gas emissions in the next eight years.
The toy industry has a unique and powerful position to, not only reduce its own emissions, but to influence and normalise a low-carbon future for kids and families around the world.
Throughout 2023 we’ll be publishing a series of blogs on carbon emissions, climate change, climate anxiety and how the toy industry can become carbon neutral. Join us in 2023 as we move Towards a Carbon Neutral Toy Industry!
Ways to Get Involved:
- Fill in the sign up form to join the movement and add your logo to the supporters' page!
- Take part in the Carbon Reduction Challenge using the sign up form
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- use the hashtag #WorldSustainableToyDay
- Share the campaign and invite others to take part. Download social media resources here.
Learn more about our supporters on our 'About World Sustainable Toy Day' page.